As the 113th session of Congress begins, there is a great deal of work legislators must deal with right off the bat. The fiscal cliff still needs to be addressed, as well as finalizing fiscal year 2013 appropriations to keep the government running past the end of March. Negotiations for fiscal year 2014 appropriations follow quickly. We cannot forget that all of these issues will have enormous consequences on our brothers and sisters who are poor and marginalized. We must continue advocate on their behalf and urge our legislators to protect life saving poverty-focused international assistance.
Join us for:
• An opportunity to hear about the Church’s ongoing work to support programs that protect life and human dignity through advocacy, ask questions and engage in dialogue.
• Ideas on how Catholics in the United States, through the Catholics Confront Global Poverty initiative, can make a difference for our brothers and sisters living in poverty.
For more information:
• Watch the Careless Cuts Cost Lives video about poverty-focused international assistance.
• Read the latest news and letters from the International Justice and Peace Office, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
• Learn about the Catholics Confront Global Poverty Initiative and how you can join.
Leave a Comment
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.